Finding love is never easy, and with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, the pressure is mounting for singles everywhere. While many pet parents may sometimes feel that their furry best friend is destined to be their one-and-only soul mate, Petfinder.com offers the top 10 ways a pet can help score you a real human date.
1. Start a “doggie jogging” club. With so many people looking for inexpensive exercising options, you’ll have more than a few joggers following your tail
2. Add “Must Love Dogs” to your Match.com / eHarmony / JDate profile.
3. Frequent your local dog park. For extra attention from fellow pet parents, dress your pooch in the oh-so-fashionable dog sweaters and booties – if nothing else, you will find out who has a sense of humor.
4. Join a local breed club and attend their events and gatherings. You may just meet that special someone who loves pit bulls or rat terriers as much as you.
5. Don’t have a cuddly puppy of your own? Foster a small dog from a local shelter or rescue group and tout him around town. (Guys, trust me, this is an instant chick magnet)
6. Make sure you are dressed up when you go to your local vet / groomer / pet supply store.
7. Ask the attractive person next to you if they think your dog looks like Paris Hilton’s famous Tinker Bell pooch or the soon-to-be First Dog.
8. Volunteer at your local shelter or rescue. You will have first dibs on the incoming singles seeking a companion.
9. Avoid a social faux pas by training your pet to not bite / pee on / eat / jump on a current love prospect.
10. Don’t have a pet? Cooing over someone else’s animal companion can be just as successful. You won’t even need a pick-up line.